Monday, February 22, 2010
* Deca Sports DS - Cheerleading demo (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing DS (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* Deca Sports DS - Ping Pong demo (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* Disney the Princess and the Frog (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Alpine Skiing (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* James Cameron's AVATAR: The Game (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* Bakugan Battle Brawlers (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
* James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion (distribution ends 2/28/2010)
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I was starting to wonder what happened to "Gladiator A.D." until today. This morning I was welcomed to a nice surprise! It looks like Sega will be publishing High Voltage Studio's next Wii outing. No longer "Gladiator A.D." the game is now called "Tournament of Legends" and is due out in may.
Check out the official press release below...
SEGA Challenges Wii Gamers to Enter the Tournament of Legends!
We are excited to announce a new project in partnership with developer High Voltage Software – Tournament of Legends™. Exclusive for Wii™, Tournament of Legends is a weapon and magic based 3D-fight game featuring some of the biggest playable characters on Wii. Each fighter is based on a legend from world mythology: the Minotaur, a powerful Gladiator, Gorgon, Stone Golem, Valkyrie and other well-known and powerful characters. The game is scheduled for release in May 2010.
Tournament of Legends features epic battles in fantastic fighting arenas where they will wield mythical blade weapons, launch 40 magic attacks, and dodge giant mythological creatures that protect the battle lairs. In intense one and two-player fights, players master a range of character and weapon based magic attacks; including unleashing, amongst others, a man-eating lion, Jupiter’s Storm, Thor’s Fury and a nest of venomous snakes.
Tournament of Legends strives to offer even the most sophisticated Wii gamer a rich weapon fighting experience. Players will be able to switch weapons and enchantments with other characters or compete in various Wii Remote™/Nunchuk™ controller challenges which include dodging giant mythological creatures or restoring health and armor during fights. The game also features an Interactive Training mode and supports the Classic Controller™.
Tournament of Legends cinematic effects and graphics are fueled by the High Voltage Software Quantum 3 engine, designed and optimized for Wii. Large, 3D mythological fighters move fluidly. Fighting arenas, characters, and magical attacks are polished by advanced real-time lighting, blended animation, cinematic color curves, and more. And the fighters’ mythic journeys are told through beautifully hand drawn in-game cinematics.
Tournament of Legends is set to release in May 18th, 2010 exclusively for Wii.