Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Gaming Life...

Hey peeps,

Its been a long while since I have been updating the blog on a regular basis. Last night I got a few rounds in with "SmackDown vs. RAW 2009" (Wii version obviously). I'm excited about the 2010 game but at the same tine I'm disappointed. sure, we get all of the story creation option (although a bit skimpy in some areas) but with no online mode in this game, I cant help but to feel shafted. Even worse, I have a feeling that the Wii team at THQ based our game off of the PlayStation 2 version. Last year's game gave off so much promise and only lacked a few small things and now its like THQ is starting all over again. Why must they reinvent the wheel EVERY year? What's so hard about continuing where you left off?

Another annoyance I have, and it's not just with THQ, is developers lack of using DVD-9 disc. "Smackdown vs. RAW 2010" would have benefited from the extra space of a DVD-9 disc instead of trying the cram the Wii version on a DVD-5. Its like, after the whole "lens cleaning" issue of Smash Bros Brawl, devs are afraid to actually put their games on the bigger disc. I don't see what the big issue is. Heck, even the price of these DVD-9 disc are coming down. Last year I got a 3 pack for 11.99 and this year I got a 25 pack for 24.99. see the major change? Anywho, I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on the new SmackDown game. Aside from that, I have been playing "Spyborgs" (Wii) lately. it's a very fun game and very underrated. If you have the chance, and enough controllers, grab a friend and play the game together. Well, that's all for now. I have to get back to posting "real gaming news". Laterz!

No comments:

Post a Comment