Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jack Thopson at the ScrewAttack Game Convention

Photobucket

A lot of long time gamers know him. Some of you may hate him. Regardless of which side of the "video games are bad for you" debate you stand on; you have to respect a man who is willing to talk amongst people who don't agree with him. I will give you my personal view. I DO NOT believe in marketing "Mature" rated games to little children. In fact if you ever get the chance to see my game collection, my games are actually in order of console first then ESRB rating and content descriptions. I hate this idea that we live in a society that doesn't allow for children to just be children. It really turns my stomach when I hear a kid talk happily about how they want to experience mature rated games and its mostly because "everybody else is doing it". There's a fine line and a lot of parents cross that line by not being involved in their child's entertainment. Killing in no way shape or form is OK. Granted, there IS a difference between what's on screen and what is actually real but, I don't want the next generation of kids to be desensitized to the value of human life. Some like to think that they are powerful because they can take away a human life but it takes more power to save a life then to destroy it. Without further ado, Mr. Jack Thompson...

No comments:

Post a Comment